(Leipzig: Insel-verlag, 1913). 6 x 8 1/2. 205, (5) pages. Full brown morocco gilt in an Art Nouveau design on both covers, title on spine and on upper cover, marbled endpapers, all edges gilt. A fine art nouveau binding signed "Weimar/KGS." The spine is evenly faded to a lighter brown, all else fine in original paper slipcase. Item #11559
The Grossherzoglich Sachsische Kunstgewerbeschule (Weimar School of Arts and Crafts) was founded in 1908 by Henry van de Velde. It closed in 1915 when van de Velde returned to Belgium and the building became a war hospital. In 1919 the school reopened, under the guidance of Walter Gropius, in combination with the Grand Ducal School for Fine Art, becoming the Bauhaus. One of 300 copies printed at the Ernst Ludwig Presse.